FOR THE BASE:
1 cup of nuts: pecans / almonds / hazelnuts, blitzed up in a blender
1 cup of dates / prunes / raisins
1 pinch sea salt
FOR THE FILLING:
2 cups raw cashews, soaked and rinsed
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cashew butter
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup agave nectar / maple syrup
½ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup water
½ tsp salt
FOR THE GARNISH:
Sprinkle a small handful of cocoa nibs / dried rose petals / crushed nuts on the top
1. To make the base: add the dried fruit and sea salt to the
pre-blitzed nuts and blend in a food processor until almost fully
combined. Press the crust into the bottom of desired pan (preferably a
silicon one), about ¼ inch thick. Now you can start making the delicious
2. Add the cashews, agave nectar / maple syrup, salt and water to
your food processor. Blend until 100% smooth. You may need to pause to
scrape down the sides of the processor to ensure that everything is
3. Next add the cacao powder, cashew butter and coconut oil to the
cashew mixture and blend them all together.
4. Pour the filling over the base, and place in the freezer for 4
hours - or until it is solid all the way through.
5. Remove the cheesecake from the tin / mould and place in the fridge.
Garnish with your preferred topping.