Almost instant homemade pizza, that's both gluten free and vegan:
- 1 x pack of gluten free puff pastry (many are vegan, take a look in the chilled aisle at your local supermarket)
- Tomato puree / pesto of your choice (vegan ones are easy to find in the free from aisle)
- A selection of your favourite veggies, all thinly sliced for even cooking. Optional extra: mix with minced garlic before adding to the pizza.
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
1. Pre-heat your oven to a medium-high heat
2. Roll out your puff pastry on the parchment paper it comes in
3. Score a 5cm border using a knife, and cook the pastry for 7 minutes
4. Remove from the oven and spread the tomato puree / pesto so that it fills the central rectangle. Top with your favourite veggies, I like to use yellow courgettes from the allotment. Make sure the veggies are thinly sliced so they cook quickly, preventing the pastry from burning, drizzle with olive oil, season, andcook for a further 5-6 mins.
5. Once out of the oven, top with fresh herbs. If you have not used pesto already, you can add dollops on the top before serving, and of course, there are plenty of vegan cheeses you can include. Violife's melty one is a favourite in our house.